We have set up local groups in a number of towns and villages in Ryedale, so that local people can come together on a regular basis to swap ideas, plan events and campaigns, discuss their experiences, support one another – and have a bit of fun along the way!
There are now nine local groups across Ryedale based in the following locations:
These groups are for people who want to get actively involved in the fight against fracking in their area. By ‘actively involved’, we mean anything from leafleting your street or putting up posters to talking to your local representatives or organising a fund-raising event. It’ll be completely up to you what you do, and you can do as much or as little as you have time for.
If you’re against fracking, but are not sure how you can help, there’ll be lots of ideas on how to raise awareness and influence debate with your community at the group’s local meetings, and there’ll be plenty of time for you to share your own ideas too.
We know not everyone in Ryedale is on email, so please spread the word to other friends and neighbours in your area who want to get involved but don’t receive these newsletters. The more, the merrier!
If you want to join a local group, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then put you in touch with the group and let you know when the next meeting is. Or you can contact us via the contact form.
And if you want to start a local group in another town or village, please get in touch and we’ll do all we can to help you get up and running!
You can read more about the groups in the Gazette & Herald.
BUILDING OUR EXPERTISE
We are also looking for people with some experience in these areas to help with these key support teams:
• DEALING WITH THE MEDIA (local press, local radio, TV, etc.)
• PLANNING EXPERIENCE (particularly experience of council planning applications)
• LEGAL EXPERIENCE (particularly local / environmental / EU law, or anything connected to fracking)
• EXPERIENCE OF WORKING IN LOCAL POLITICS
• RELEVANT SCIENTIFIC/PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (geologists, water specialists, traffic specialists, etc.)
• PRESENTERS FOR PUBLIC TALKS / DEBATES ON FRACKING
• MANAGING AND UPDATING A WEBSITE
• MANAGING AN ONLINE DATABASE (MAILCHIMP)
If you have any of these skills, please get in touch at email@example.com.